EE + WP Rocket

Thanks for informing. Sadly even on a good ssd vpn. I’m not getting enough speed benefits.

I tried WP Rocket, it works fine if you don’t enable any cache solution by EE.

1 Like

It will be best if you use EE with WP-ROCKET’s rocket-nginx script. rocket-nginx is a great script which bypasses php and serve cached pages directly from server. I’m using it and I’m a big fan of both EE and wp-rocket.

Many guys still don’t about rocket-nginx script. Search it on google.

Would you say WP-Rocket is better than WP-REDIS? Why?

hello genupdates. i want ask ? server { …

Rocket-Nginx configuration

include rocket-nginx/rocket-nginx.conf;

… }
how to edit it at /etc/nginx/sites-available/tua5.com

my file

server {

server_name tua5.com   www.tua5.com;

access_log /var/log/nginx/tua5.com.access.log rt_cache_redis;
error_log /var/log/nginx/tua5.com.error.log;

root /var/www/tua5.com/htdocs;

index index.php index.html index.htm;

include  common/redis-php7.conf;

include common/wpcommon-php7.conf;
include common/locations-php7.conf;
include /var/www/tua5.com/conf/nginx/*.conf;

}

Hi thank for A2A, Try this command > sudo nano /etc/nginx/sites-available/tua5.com

Then include the rocket file like this:

server {

server_name tua5.com www.tua5.com;

access_log /var/log/nginx/tua5.com.access.log rt_cache_redis; error_log /var/log/nginx/tua5.com.error.log;

Rocket-Nginx configuration

include rocket-nginx/rocket-nginx.conf; include common/redis-php7.conf; include common/wpcommon-php7.conf; include common/locations-php7.conf; include /var/www/tua5.com/conf/nginx/*.conf; }

Then save it by pressing CTRL+X and you are done. Need more help, ask anytime :smiley: Cheers!

Dear @portofacil

Redis is a server-side cache ( more than a cache ) which caches database etc. While on another side wp-rocket is WordPress plugin which caches WordPress posts and pages and serves them as HTML static file and. Wp-Rocket minifies Js, CSS files, removes query string, optimise HTML, provides the lazy load for videos and images and much more which redis cache don’t do. Both are a different type of cache system, and they should be used together to get the most out of it.

For you:

Redis improves site backend wp-admin for site users, and wp rocket improves site load speed for users to get a higher score in Pingdom tools, Gtmetrix, page speed insights, etc.

Hope it helps!

One of us is terribly wrong about REDIS, and how it is used as a cache mechanism for WordPress in EE.

It is a full page cache, not just database or object cache as you state.

Certainly it does not minify JS/CSS, but it is an extremely fast and lightweight cache system for WordPress, way better than any other.

I still don’t get the point of paying for a cache plugin (not judging, just thinking about what I’d do with my own money). Instead I’d love to have Pagespeed compiled back to Nginx repositories used by EE.

1 Like

hello genupdates. when you use Rocket-Nginx and plugin wp-rocket . you still use plugin nginx help and plugin Redis Object Cache for your site ?

@portofacil Yep, its full page cache ( I am noob, Sorry :P, but I have learned many things ). And I’m using both redis+rocket. Brother Redis and Rocket both are a different type of cache system. Wp-rocket, w3 total cache, wp super cache, etc. optimize your website frontend, and you will notice the improvement in your page load time by using cache plugin which provides features like wp rocket, w3 total cache, etc. Wp_rocket provide more features and is light plugin than any other that’s why OP created this topic.

:smiley: Cheers :smiley:

i have error when nginx -t nginx: [emerg] unknown directive “Rocket-Nginx” in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/tua5.com:20 nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

add # before Rocket-Nginx configuration it oki Then include the rocket file like this:

server {

server_name tua5.com www.tua5.com;

access_log /var/log/nginx/tua5.com.access.log rt_cache_redis;
error_log /var/log/nginx/tua5.com.error.log;

# Rocket-Nginx configuration

include rocket-nginx/rocket-nginx.conf;
include common/redis-php7.conf;
include common/wpcommon-php7.conf;
include common/locations-php7.conf;
include /var/www/tua5.com/conf/nginx/*.conf;
}

it oki now thanks genupdates

@Adamson brother

Sorry I forgot to comment that line, try this one:

thanks you :slight_smile:

I rest my case.

Welcome :wink:

The question is: do you have nginx-helper plugin enabled? Which plugin a purging the cache? How to clear cache correctly when a post is edited or a new post is published? Is it immediately shown on frontage (for anonymous users)? I am asking because I had wpredis and wp-rocket at the same time in the past and I had problems when new posts were published.

Hi @mrmad
Thanks for the late reply. Nginx-Helper is no longer working for me. To make cache auto on auto purge using redis cache you have to uninstall wp-redis plugin and nginx helper plugin. Install WPFFC Plugin, it uses redis cache direct from server bypassing wordpress and PHP. It has auto purge features when you publish, update any post or anyone lefts comment. It works with Wp-rocket as well without any configuration on server.

WP-FFC doesn’t work with redis, only with memcached. It’s similar to the w3tc stack of easyengine with full-page cache. But I do not understand why you are trying to combine wp-rocket with other cache plugins ?

If it’s paid, premium, it’s got to be better, right?

–wpredis in EE is a full page caching, the same with other WP caching plugins, including WP Rocket. Meanwhile the redis plugin is for object caching. That means you have a complete caching solution.

It baffles me why would people want to add another caching layer on top of that.

Page/dns preload, prefecth - does it still matter with http2?

I hope EE team can focus on what’s more important for v4 release, instead of trying to make EE compatible with redundant plugins.