Fail silently if requested action is already satisfied

A very quick question. I’m running ee in a bash script [that is meant to be re-run to perform upgrades and check installations] with “set - e” and must always add “|| true” to the end of commands like “ee site create example.org” or “ee site update example.org - - le” so that the script doesn’t exit because of an error. Easyengine in fact returns an error, as expected, if the site already exists or already has LE active. I’d like to ask ee NOT to return an error if the site already exists or already has LE active so that I can stop muting errors with “|| true” and have the script actually stop if any errors occur [such as during an LE addition to a site]. Is there a way to have ee only return an error if there actually is one? Thanks!

For example: “ee site update example.org - - le” should NOT return an error if the site already has LE active, but it should if domain verification fails during a certificate generation.

Thanks again!

If there’s any additional info you need please let me know as I know it’s a very specific question.