How to migrate from Cloudways to Digital Ocean directly using EasyEngine

Cloudways as platform, service and customer support is awesome. I loved being there but being a new startup and having limited fund , pricing matters a lot. Here is the pricing scheme at Cloudways on Digital Ocean :slight_smile:

For the same configuration, If I host my website directly on Digital Ocean, this will be the pricing scheme:

Being from a non-programming background, I had no other option than to choose a Managed Service like ServerPilot or cloudways, but then I discovered a magic tool called @EasyEngine and now I have hopes and confidence that I can do this by myself.

So, Keeping my non-coding background in the mind, please help me to migrate my already live website fro Cloudways to Digital Ocean or any other VPS with the help of easyengine.

You can either suggest me any instructional tutorial link or write here about this.

Note: I have read various tutorials and have successfully installed a new wordpress website on AWS free tier using EasyEngine. So, you can easily skip all the initital step.

It’s mainly about how migration should be done. I had used puTTY to login to my shell with .pem file. what do I need to enter in case of DO.

For installing Installing PHP 5.5, MySQL, Postfix, Nginx and WordPress on Ubuntu

ee stack install --all

and for the best configuration with wordpresss, I ran this

sudo ee site create niteshmanav.com --wpfc # install wordpress + nginx fastcgi_cache

What should I do while migrating?

Thank you.

i also faced the same issue but cloudways doesnot provide proper support for people going away from them. I had been a customer to them for around 6 months but unnecesary price hike sucks especially during starting days. So to migrate i would suggest to use updraft plus plugin which will give you very little downtime if you use cloudflare. I did this and site was up and getting traffic in just 5 mins

Hey @diamondfdk, you mean I should install a default wordpress here and then migrate using updraft plugin. Right?

Had you considered to try this- https://easyengine.io/tutorials/wordpress/migration-with-zero-downtime/ ?

yeah i had tried it too but i always gave me issue with mysql dump

You can use the phpmyadmin to export your Mysql and then import into the new server. Its a bit easier than using mysqldump directly.