Image gallery view edit

Dear rTcamp support

i have used this shortcode on a page

[rtmedia_gallery global=“true” context=“post” media_type=“photo”]

[rtmedia_uploader=“true”]

but the things that i upload are not shown nicely arranged

If you please refer to my website www.ibyi.co.kr and click on the rTmedia showroom page,
you will see what i mean.

I also do not want to show the actual filename(the name of the image actually store in personal pc) as a caption on the uploaded picture but rather to show a caption of my own to tell briefly about what the picture is.

Lastly, i am wondering if i could sort out these updated posts with buddypress into categories?
I watched one of your Videoclips in youtube

and it shows that the update can be sorted into different post categories in “1:14 of the videoclip”

Please provide me with answers to these questions above.

Thank you a million, i really appreciate for the support

Sorry to say but layout issue is theme issue. I can’t help you in that. You should contact theme developers for this.

To change the media title in media gallery you need to edit media and change title. To completely hide media title, you can use following css code in custom css box in rtMedia admin settings.

.rtmedia-item-title {  
display: none;  
}

Regarding categorizing media in activity update as you told here -> https://rtcamp.com/support/topic/how-do-i-add-the-drop-down-post-in-click-like-shown-on-the-video/, it is for whether you want to post in your profile or in one of your group. The “Post in” actually shows your profile and your groups.

There is a rtMedia-PRO feature -> “Media Attributes” to categories the media as per predefined categories. Right now in this feature it will only show media category on single media view. In future we will add shortcode support for this categories (Media Attributes).

For the first question from me above,

Can you give me with an idea where i can change the name of “media Gallery” to a certain name
Not the names of the images.

Also, it would be really nice for the plugin if we can actually put the caption for the media uploaded rather than it is being uploaded with a default name saved in users’ pcs.

Really an awesome plugin by the way !!

Also, i checked the contents of the rtMedia pro and it shows functions like creating global media albums. I want to know more specific functions of this global media album.

So does this mean that global albums can be created and shared between users for uploading?
And if so, would i be able to show the album in one page showing pictures in image grid style?

Your answer would be really appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance again !

Plus,

I have created a group and additionally, created a few albums in the media.

Can the posts with pics updated in the activity be categorized into those few albums ?

I really need to find a way to sort out a thorough sharing formation between users.

Hi @ahd904,
Please find my answers below.

Can you give me with an idea where i can change the name of “media Gallery” to a certain name

please check this support thread -> https://rtcamp.com/support/topic/filters-to-change-front-end-text/

global media albums

Global albums are what the default albums which by default admin create for all the users and groups. If admin had created 2 global albums than all the users will have those 2 albums by default.

So does this mean that global albums can be created and shared between users for uploading?

Yes, you can think of it like that.

Would i be able to show the album in one page showing pictures in image grid style?

Yes you can do that rtMedia gallery shortcode -> https://rtcamp.com/rtmedia/docs/common/shortcodes/gallery-shortcode/

Can the posts with pics updated in the activity be categorized into those few albums ?

No, you can’t edit BuddyPress activity update once it is posted. You can only edit it from WordPress admin panel but from there you can’t attach media.