Media upload in Buddypree activity stream

Hey Guy’s

I have a big problem with my activity stream… (By the way i use rtmedia and buddypress and i already tried with default theme and deaktivate plugins)

There are 3 options to upload a picture:

1. First write text in the text field, then upload a piture, press upload -Y only the text appears in activtiy stream.
  2. Upload picture, press upload -> does not work because i have to write something in the text field (i can live with that)
  3. first upload picture, then write text in the text field, press upload -> only the text appears in activit stream!!

I have tried a few alternativs for rtmedia but nothing is as good as rtmedia…

Please help me with this issue its my last problem before i can set online my homepage…

And i am not a very well coder :confused:

Thanks!

Hello @planetoffitness,

There should not be the issue in posting media through buddyPress activity. We are not able to regenerate such issue at our end.

2 . Upload picture, press upload -> does not work because i have to write something in the text field (i can live with that)

The user can also upload media even posting them without any text.

Could you please check if there are any server errors under error-log and Is there any javascript error in browser console?

Thank you.

Hi @pranalipatel

Tanks for your fast response!

No, there is no error… Upload just the media is possible, but only in the own profile, not at the activity stream…

I made the update right now, still does not work…

Could it be something else?

Tank you!

Hello @planetoffitness,

Previously, we have got some support request that BuddyPress plugin setting “Activity auto-refresh” has some issues with Wp Engine.

You can refer this support ticket for further details: https://buddypress.org/support/topic/buddypress-js-not-loading/

It occurs when the “Activity auto-refresh” option is enabled. You can once try disabling that setting if that works for you.

I am attaching the screenshot for the setting.

Thank you.

Hello @pranalipatel ,

THIS IS IT!!! Thank you so much for this post! :slight_smile: You made my day!

Very good support!

Cheers

You are welcome @planetoffitness,

We are happy to hear that your issue has been solved! :slight_smile:

If you have some free time, we will be grateful to know if you can write a review for us at - https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/buddypress-media?rate=5#postform

We are closing this thread now. Please feel free to reach us if you have any queries.

Thank you.