Mydomain.com replace ip address site

Hello

I created a wordpress single site with easyengine, I used an ip address as the domain.

And I cloned mydomain.com’s content to this ip address.

Now I need to move mydomain from old hosting company to the new hosting powered by easyengine.

I changed the DNS to point A record to this ip address.

But when I visit mydomain.com, it says “welcome to nginx”.

This is what I tried:

I went to /etc/nginx/site-available/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I changed this to: /etc/nginx/site-available/mydomain.com

(changed file name from ip address to mydomain.com)

Then edit this file: mydomain.com under /site-available

I replaced ip to mydomain.com in the first few lines.

Now, i go to mydomain.com from web browser, it still says “welcome to nginx”

What would be wrong?

(P.s I did not modify folder name under /var )

I tried to use ee site enable mydomain.com SSH returns message: mydomain.com does not exist.

Hello. I have the same question. You could solve this issue? Does anyone know how to solve? Thank you.

Did you restart NGiNX server after you made the changes? Back up your old sites content if you haven’t already, Do a fresh build with easyengine using a URL, ‘example.com’ not your ip… Carefully watch when easy engine is doing the build at the end it will give you your wordpress login information, save that info you will need it to log into phpmyadmin as explained below. Also you will need your ‘Username & Password’ from your /var/www/wp-config.php file that you can access thru your SFTP. Once you have a working WordPress site that you can successfully login to, run the following code via, ssh 1st one will install phpmyadmin, 2nd will fix the 404 error, then use phpmyadmin to access your databases and migrate over your old sites content to your new databases… just a suggestion if you can’t trouble shoot the root problem. Hope it helps.

sudo ee stack install --admin

sudo  apt-get install php5.6-mbstring php5.6-bcmath php5.6-xml

HOw to login to phpMyAdmin

auth your browser…

HTTP Auth User Name: your username

HTTP Auth Password: your password

login to phpMyAdmin…

MySQL database username define(‘DB_USER’, ‘your user name’);

MySQL database password define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘your password’);