Site-wide album?

Hi,

I’m trying to find a solution to manage documents in different places, but using only one plugin.
rtMedia Pro seems to fulfill these needs I have:

• Allow users to attach files in their forum posts
  • Allow users to add files to a group document library

What I’m wondering is: can I also use rtMedia to create a site-wide document library, independent of any group/forum?

Thanks!

What I’m wondering is: can I also use rtMedia to create a site-wide document library, independent of any group/forum?

We have a wordpress-gallery feature which can be used to create sitewide gallery even if buddypress and/or bbpress is not installed.

May I know if you want such galleries to be collaborative?

Also, we have a shortcode-api which allows you to put uploader and gallery on any wordpress page/post :

https://rtcamp.com/rtmedia/docs/admin/posteditor-shortcode-button/

Please let me know if I manage to clarify your doubts. Feel free to ask any more questions, if any.

Yes, I want them to be collaborative.

Also:

• Does it create some kind of post for each media item uploaded?
  • Can you upload revisions of media? Like, update an image/document while still keeping the older versions in the db/uploads folder.

Thanks for the links to the API docs, that’s very helpful.

@samuel-hautcoeur

Sorry for delayed reply.

Does it create some kind of post for each media item uploaded?

Every upload creates a post-type attachment which is attached to rtmedia_album type post.

Can you upload revisions of media? Like, update an image/document while still keeping the older versions in the db/uploads folder.

Revision support is not present as of now. It will be added in future to rtMedia-PRO.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any more questions. I will reply them asap.

Hi @rahul286

Not sure if it was better to bump this thread or start a new one, as I am in the exact same situation as the original poster: need to have users to be able to post images in an album that would be visible on all their site profiles in multisite.

I am using rtMEdia with rtMedia-PRO.

What would be the correct approach? Could I somehow ‘redirect’ the images saved in the album id 1 of any site to the album id 1 of my site id 1…?

Or could I use (or have to tweak) the [rtmedia_uploader] shortcode on a specific page, in order to be adding the images to my site id 1 album id 1…? My members don’t only need to be able to upload but edit their media.

Also, any changes since what you answered a year ago? =)

Thank you!

I noticed that this thread was wrongly started in “pre-sales” after bumping it sorry. I should have started a new thread. What should I do now?

Hi @netsurfaces

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, you have started it in different category. As you are rtMedia Pro user, you can create premium support ticket from here https://rtcamp.com/premium-support/ or you can create rtMedia community support topic from here: http://community.easyengine.io/c/rtmedia

I am sorry to say but it is not possible to show media in all the sites. rtMedia creates site specific albums and all the uploaded media are also site specific. So if you have media in site1 than you can’t view those media in site2. It’s the way rtMedia works.

Also, any changes since what you answered a year ago? =)

I am assuming you are talking about revision support for media. If so, we haven’t implemented it yet but we do have future plans for it. Stay tuned :wink:

Let us know if you need any help or have any doubt.

Thanks.

Hi Ritesh

I know that a shared album across blogs is not part of the plugin, but was hoping someone would be able to point me in the direction of a hook inside the plugin, or a workaround to achieve what I am trying to achieve.

To display an album from a different site would be easy (by “switching to blog” before using the [rtmedia_gallery] shortcode).

Couldn’t I also use a similar approach with the [rtmedia_uploader] shortcode?

I can create a support ticket, but thought this question could benefit others.

Thanks!

Edit: the “context” argument in the shortcodes seems promising but I would have to create another page for users to be uploading images to that site-wide gallery and a different form might be cumbersome to the user… also, what is that “wordpress-gallery feature which can be used to create sitewide gallery even if buddypress and/or bbpress is not installed” in the first reply of this thread?

What is the “wordpress-gallery feature which can be used to create sitewide gallery” please?