Translation Issues (v.3.9)

Hello,

I updated to the latest rtMedia version 3.9 and the following strings won’t translate:

“Media Gallery”

“Oops !! There’s no media found for the request !!”

I found the above strings in the PO file and translated them, but they don’t show up.

The following string I couldn’t find in the PO file:

“There are no comments on this media yet.”

Hello @proteas,

We have tested the strings you have mentioned for translation and they are working fine. Please find attached screen-shot.

Please once make sure that you have renamed the translation file in correct format. For example buddypress-media-de_DE.mo for german language.

Regarding missing string in PO file : “There are no comments on this media yet.”

We have fixed this issue and it will be available in upcoming release.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I updated to the latest version and the string “There are no comments on this media yet.” works fine. But the other two issues (“Media Gallery” and “Oops !! There’s no media found for the request !!”) are still not translated.

Everything else translates just fine except these two. The names of the translation files are “buddypress-media-el.mo” and “buddypress-media-el.po” for the Greek language.

Hello @proteas,

We have sent you private message regarding this.

Thank you.

i have the same problem with the translation

Hello @kostasb30,

Can you specify which theme you are using? Please once check if you are facing the same issue with WordPress default theme.

Thanks,

hello thanks for your reply,

i am using kleo theme version 3.13.

hello thanks for the aswer i found the problem!!!

which translation i should do with poedit ? rtmedia.po or buddypress-media. po

?

thanks again

Hallo. I have the same problem.

I cant translate “Media gallery” and “Oops !! There’s no media found for the request !” after updateing rtMedia. Please, help me to solve this problem!

Please help me translate strings Media gallery and Oops…

Hello @kostasb30, @supergrower

You need to use buddypress-media.po file with poedit for the translation.

@supergrower, We have updated our text-domain from rtmedia to buddypress-media because WordPress stated that plugin’s textdomain must match its slug. Reference link

In order to make it work, the only required thing is to update text-domain in your theme as well. Please make sure your theme uses same text-domain in template pages.

Thank you, Pranali

Hi, I have the same problem. I cannot find a string “Oops !! There’s no media found for the request !!” anywhere. I am using Loco translate plugin and SweetDate theme. Any idea? Thanks

Same Problem witth Kleo Theme. I cant find a string "Oops !! There's no media found for the request !!" anywhere. im using Loco translate.

same problem

Hello @Petra, @bono and @s4ow7ime,

We have released a new version of rtMedia with this issue fixed. Please, update rtMedia to it’s latest version 4.3.1 and let us know if it solves your issues.

Thank you, Pranali