While activate plugin rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress get error

Hello sir,

While activating plugins get error “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 85 bytes) in /home3/mahalik1972/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1841”;

How to solve it

1 Like

Hello @Rajvikas,

By looking at the log you have sent, It seems that your server is not configured to handle the large files.

Memory is not properly allocated to handle the larger file uploads on the server. In order to rectify the issue, you need to configure some parameters as given below.

Add the following lines in functions.php ,

ini_set('memory_limit', '8192M');
ini_set('max_input_time', 60000);
ini_set('max_execution_time', 60000);

( You can tune the above parameters according to your need )

Also, please consult with your server admin about the same changes. Maybe he will be able to give you the better option to configure the server according to your need.

Thank you.

Hello mam,

After adding these lines in function.php get error …

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 443809792) (tried to allocate 128 bytes) in /home3/mahalik1972/public_html/wp-includes/cache.php on line

Hello @Rajvikas,

Please, follow this document link ( section - Increasing memory allocated to PHP ) and try increasing the memory allocated to PHP - https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

It should fix the issue.

Thanks.

hello mam, i am increased memory limit 8192M but facing same problem.

http://edarlingz.com/phpinfo.php

Hello @Rajvikas,

I think there is some issue with your server configuration. I suggest you to once contact your server team regarding this issue. I hope they can help you better with this error.

Also, once try to activate the rtMedia by deactivating other plugins on your website( except BuddyPress ).

Thanks.

Hello mam,

server team checked server configuration there is no issue in sever configuration. Issue is in plugin rtmedia and BuddyPres. both plugin not works together. if i am deactivate rtmedia then buddypress works and when i am deactivate buddypress then rtmedia works. when i am activated both plugin then its not worked.

Hi @Rajvikas,

rtMedia is designed to be fully compatible with BuddyPress, so there should be zero conflict between the two plugins.

Also, can you provide us with SSH access to your server? This might help us get a better idea of your setup. I have just sent you a personal message, you can provide us with your login details through this.

Regards,

Joel Abreo

Hello sir, Please foreword me your email id to send login details.

Hello @Rajvikas,

As discussed, you need to once check with the hosting team. We hope they can help you with the solution.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on this or we can close this thread.

Thank you.