Witch cache to choose if HHVM also installed if it makes difference?

Witch cache to choose if HHVM also installed if it makes difference? easy egine WP Super Cache vs W3 Total Cache vs Nginx cache How to change it in case not working? Does HHVM needs to be active? systemctl status hhvm

• hhvm.service - HHVM PHP/Hack runtime Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/hhvm.service; disabled; vendor preset: en Active: inactive (dead) lines 1-3/3 (END)

I wouldn’t use HHVM as it is now not supported.

Use PHP7 if your plugins and themes support it.

I use FastCGI Cache e.g. --wpfc

Then I also manually setup REDIS object cache. To do this just create a fake site with --wpredis to activate it. Then delete it. Then add the redis plugin and activate and you have both working. This gave me the best performance. Make sure you disable object cache under w3tc though.

I agree, you better use PHP7.

Also, I use --wpredis and the results are fine according to my expectations. But I’ll try the tip @rexi88 gave.

Let me know how you go with it. I have only tested on 512-768MB VPS.

Do you mean simply deleting the fake site with ee site delete example.com command?

And performance as in site loading speed? concurrent users? both?

yes EE delete. Just did this so REDIS was setup and working.

I didn’t test concurrent users or do any in depth testing other than pingdom and webpagetest.org.

Try it with even the 2016 them fresh install of each and see what you get. Obviously you should test with actual project as well. But worked for me. I am getting good speeds on one of my sites https://goo.gl/VQKkbi

You can also simply install Redis like ee stack install --redis and the Redis admin using ee stack install --phpredisadmin

Full page caching with Redis is awesome especially if you have more than one server and an external Redis server. That’s what I have running at https://billypenn.com

Works just as fine on a single server set-up like https://zadieheimlich.com and a $6/month server from DreamCompute.

The Nginx Helper plugin handles properly flushing the cache whenever there is an update and the decreased load on WordPress really makes things fly.

So which caching method do you select in Nginx Helper? Fastcgi?

Also when I use the “ee stack install --redis and the Redis admin using ee stack install --phpredisadmin” commands I don’t see anything listed in the key prefix in the Redis Plugin…on other sites where I have Redis it usually lists:

Key Prefix: domain.com:

and

WP_CACHE_KEY_SALT: “domain.com:”

In the Nginx Helper plugin you would select Redis if you’re using Redis for full page caching.

So if you create a site with “ee site create example.com --wpfc” and then use “ee stack install --redis” and “ee stack install --phpredisadmin” to create redis? you simply use Redis in Nginx Helper plugin?

I just want to clarify that’s what you mean when setting up Fastcgi and Redis as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Also I thought the point of setting up both was to have full page caching with Fastcgi + Object caching with Redis? I guess that’s not the case?

To use Redis cache you need to run the following command on your site:

sudo ee site update yourdomain.com --wpredis, you cannot use --wpfc and --wpredis flags on the same site.

I don’t see anyone saying to use --wpfc and -wpredis on the same site.

That’s exactly why rexi88 said to create one site with --wpfc and another site with --wpredis that you later delete.

Conversely, kingkool68 said to use the ee stack install --redi/ee stack install --phpredisadmin commands after you’ve created a site with --wpfc.

Still seeking clarification on Nginx Helper and the missing Key Prefix in the Redis plugin though.