Amavis throwing error in mail.log

Hello all!

Somehow after installing the mail stack, setting up my mailboxes androundcube and all, I can not receive any emails. This is shown in mail error log:

Sep 21 15:54:01 server amavis[25605]: (25605-01) (!)connect_to_sql: unable to connect to DSN 'DBI:mysql:database=vimbadmin;host=127.0.0.1;port=3306': Access denied for user 'vimbadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) Sep 21 15:54:01 server amavis[25605]: (25605-01) (!!)TROUBLE in process_request: connect_to_sql: unable to connect to any dataset at (eval 136) line 247. Sep 21 15:54:01 server amavis[25605]: (25605-01) (!)Requesting process rundown after fatal error?

It seems amavis can not access the mail db. But how can I find out about the correct vimbadmin credentials? I didn’t set those up. ee did that…

Would be great if someone could help

Tried to fix it by setting new password for vimbadmin dbuser and replacing the password in amavis config file. However that resulted in a fatal error, when I tried to log in to the vimbadmin interface :22222

So I eventually gave up fixing this, and rebuilt my VPS from scratch, reinstalling ee, its stacks. and now it works.

I guess something got messed up when I removed mailscanner stack and purged it. Then reinstalled it via ee. After that the vimbadmin user was messed up - and apparently all its dependencies.

Only complete reinstall of server fixed it for me.

having the same issue is there any fix without starting again from scratch?