Can't install WP anymore

@virtubox, updating WP-Cli to the nightly version should be enough. They did a dirty fix for this issue.

Changing locale using the YAML configuration file is a little bit dangerous, because when a new version of WP is released they take some time to provide the non-en_US archives.

I haven’t include the code to change locale, only the WP version to 4.8

Very nice.

Anyways, one shouldn’t forget to wp core update just after installation, in order to keep their blogs running on latest version.

1 Like

Thank you. This works perfectly here.

thank you for your solution. Perfect for handle this error

hello @jwogrady and @virtubox that’s a good solution.

i searched at https://make.wordpress.org/polyglots/teams/ there is no Translation Teams/Locales for en_US !!

you no need to remove the wp-cli, just update to latest version. your solution is quite good if the locale is different. this issue is only for en_US locale.

The wp cli version on my Ubuntu 16.04 box was really old. Can anyone confirm jumping up to v1.3.0 still works with easyengine? I can still change existing sites, just not create new WP 4.8.2 sites.

$ wp cli version
WP-CLI 0.24.1

#wp cli update --allow-root
You have version 0.24.1. Would you like to update to 1.3.0? [y/n]
1 Like

Yes, it works fine.

Enviado do meu iPhone

perfectly wooorkkssss !! thanksssss

This one works perfectly to me.

sudo ee stack remove --wpcli
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wp-cli/builds/gh-pages/phar/wp-cli.phar
chmod +x wp-cli.phar
sudo mv wp-cli.phar /usr/bin/wp
wp cli update --nightly
1 Like

Thanks, worked for me,

Thanks mindz, it works perfectly :slight_smile:

Great solution @jwogrady . I could solved this annoying issue using your instructions. Also thanks @portofacil for investing time in finding the solution.

1 Like

EasyEngine has published a blog post with 2 workarounds

1 Like

THANK YOU! Works perfectly!

Thanks work!

$ wp --allow-root core download --version=4.8 --locale=en_US

$ cp -pa wordpress-4.8-en_US.tar.gz wordpress-4.8.2-en_US.tar.gz

then,

$ ee site create example.com --wp

work!

Perfect. Thank you

Hello anyone else would have another solution already tried several shown here. But none worked.

Thanks in advance for any help.