Change the words "you like this" and "X like this"

Hey There

I use rtmedia for my website with the german language. But its not correctly translatet, for exemple the “you like this” should be named “Dir gefällt das”.

I cant find the file to change this. Where is the file? And by the way, if i find some other issues, where are all the files, where i can translate this?

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Hello @planetoffitness,

The string You like this is translation ready. Please, once make sure you have added a proper translation in german language file for that string.

Where is the file?

The name of the file of translation ready strings for rtMedia plugin is buddypress-media.po . It is located at this path : wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/languages

If you want to translate rtMedia Core (free plugin, available on WordPress.org), you can do so from - https://translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/buddypress-media . You will require to log into your WP account for this.

I hope this helps you. Thank you.

Hi @pranalipatel

Thank you.

rtMedia is nearly completley translatet, but there are a few words like for exemple the “you like this”. I’ve added the file for the translation a few months ago.

Did i understand you correctly? Can i now go to this file via ftp and translate it by myself?

Cheers Janick

Hello @planetoffitness,

You can find all translation ready strings of rtMedia here - wp-content/plugins/buddypress-media/languages

Now, you can translate strings ( if they are not translated already ) in 2 ways.

1 . You can contribute to the translation project on WordPress.org. Once it is approved we will add newly translated strings to our next version of rtMedia.

or

2 . You can use your own translation. For that, you will need to use the .po file to refer required string and generate a language specific .mo file once you are done with the translation.

I hope this cleared your doubts.

Thank you.