Images not showing in Buddypress Activity Feed

Hello,

I am using Events Manager on my site, and I have the rtmedia_gallery shortcode embedded in the event page template to allow users to upload photos they took at those events. I would like for recent upload activity to display in our Buddypress activity stream, but it doesn’t seem to work. This is the shortcode I am using in our event page template:

[rtmedia_gallery context=event context_id=#_EVENTPOSTID media_type=photo media_title=false privacy=0 uploader=after]

The “Allow upload from activity stream” option is enabled. Is there anything else I need to do to get uploads to show up in the activity stream? Or is this not possible?

Thanks.

Hello @Brian_CVT,

I would like for recent upload activity to display in our Buddypress activity stream, but it doesn’t seem to work.

The BuddyPress activity will only be generated for the media which are uploaded to user profile media. ( i.e. under Media tab ).

The media uploaded to a particular post context will not have the context set as profile and hence the activity won’t be generated for them.

Regarding your current shortcode:

[rtmedia_gallery context=event context_id=#_EVENTPOSTID media_type=photo media_title=false privacy=0 uploader=after]

The shortcode you are using has the context set as “event” which is incorrect. If you want to upload and display media on a post then use the context=post.

So, the shortcode would look like this:

[rtmedia_gallery context=post context_id=post_id media_type=photo media_title=false privacy=0 uploader=after]

You can find out more details here - https://rtmedia.io/docs/features/shortcodes/

Thanks.