Performance for private php sites (non wordpress sites)

Hello, I do not have much information for server configuration. i bought a vps (I installed easengine with ubuntu 16.04)

and set up worpdress site to try speed (ee site create example com --wpfc) and loader .io test for 2000 users per second 1 min duration = (~ 170 million request a day) Avg. Response Time 98 ms timeout 0

3000 users (~ 250 million request a day) avg response 950MS timeout% 5

everything okay worpdress speed is great.

after, I created a custom php & mysql site (ee site create example com - mysql)

In “index.php” (I added 30 different echo commands.) echo “hello world 1” … echo "hello world 30" ie php is doing 30 operations.

I run the loader.io test again for my private site

2000 users per second 1 min duration = (~ 170 million request a day) 432 ms avg resp 0.4% err rate 2000 clients over 1 min

wordpress speed is great but the speed of the custom index.php script is not like WordPress.

what do I need to do in index.php for this (memcached fastcgi settings etc.) For custom php software, which acceleration operations can be done.

Hello,

with the --wpfc flag, your wordpress website use the EE optimized configuration to load the page directly from cache.

It’s not the case of your simple --mysql website. But I’m not a developer so I cannot tell you what you need to implement in your code to use a cache solution like memcached. But there are some excellent article available on EE tutorials section :

I think I discovered a temporary solution. First I create fastcgi & wordpress with this command.

ee site create example.com --wpsubdom --wpfc # install wpmu -subdomain + nginx fastcgi_cache

then I deleted all the WordPress files and installed my own script. I set the fastcgi lifetime 5 minutes. the site is refreshing its cache every 5 minutes. Speed is spectacular.

I will continue to work until I find the fastest combination :slight_smile:

–wpfc flag apply the configuration available in /etc/nginx/common/wpfc.conf but all those directives are for WordPress, so you may have issues with you install another script because it will probably cache some URL which should not be cached.

And the --wpsubdom isn’t needed because it only apply rewrite rules for the wordpress admin interface.